Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A nice upgrade

2009 Tarmac Pro SL in the House!

I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a 2009 Tarmac Pro SL frame set. I know its not an SL2, but it is almost as much bike at almost half the dollars. So, for anyone in the market keep this bike as a whole or frame set in mind. The frame is identical to the Specialized Tarmac SL2 with 10R carbon fiber vs. 11R. The main differences being stiffness and weight. With that being said I was able to build mine at 15.5 lbs complete and that's in a 58 cm!!!


Here are a few pictures of the bike mid build and then complete. I built the bike up with a full sram force groupo, Ritchey WCS bits and a sick set of Easton Carbon Tubulars.
I hope that my legs can keep up with the bike. The 2009 road racing season is rapidly approaching and I am definitely motivated to train hard and prepare to ride this bike a lot!!

Thanks for reading,

Jeff

2 comments: